SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE
The original Sophie The Giraffe makes a beautiful gift for any newborn. For the last 59 years, Sophie The Giraffe has been a best selling toy in France and is now available at Loft. Made from 100% natural rubber, it is derived from the sap of the Hevea tree making it soft, safe and non-toxic for babies to teethe, chew and love.
Painted in non-toxic food-grade paints, Sophie has been designed with your tiny family member in mind and is 100% safe for little ones to chew. Her renewable, rubber material makes Sophie The Giraffe a great all-natural toy for your baby.
You won't find a more perfect first sensory development toy - lightweight and easy to grasp for little hands, she is stimulating for all of your baby's senses. Every part of Sophie has been designed with your child in mind. Sophie's natural rubber has a natural taste and is tactile for little fingers, her neck is slender - the perfect size for a tiny grip.
Sophie has a gentle squeak, she 'laughs' when her body is squeezed - keeping baby amused and stimulating hearing. Her giraffe spots provide visual stimulation and make Sophie easy to recognise for eyes still learning to focus. When your little one is teething, Sophie's head soothes the front teeth, her feet are long enough to stretch to the back teeth whilst her horns, or giraffe ossicones, provide bumpy parts for sore, teething gums.
- Sophie The Giraffe is handmade in France
- Made from 100% natural rubber
- Painted in all-natural food-grade paint
- Stimulates all five of your child's senses
- Ideal from 3 months of age
- Simply wipe her with a damp cloth to clean - no need to boil, soak or sterilise
For more information on why cleaning Sophie is so easy, read more here
About Sophie The Giraffe
Sophie The Giraffe first went into production in Paris on Thursday 25th May, 1961. More than 59 years later, she looks no different and is still traditionally produced - a process that involves more than 14 manual operations. Derived from 100% natural rubber from the latex of the Hevea tree, the company who produces Sophie The Giraffe has always placed the quality of its products at the heart of its business. Since July 2011, each Sophie The Giraffe produced has her lot number printed on the back of a leg, enabling full product traceability, thus ensuring you can trust that any product purchased meets the highest safety and legislative standards.
Sophie The Giraffe has won many International awards including Best Teether and Best Baby Toy and is loved the world over by children and parents alike.
About Loft Lifestyle Store
Based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, we are family business here to serve you, our much-loved community. We showcase uniquely curated products, aim to be more sustainably minded & leave a lighter footprint on our precious Earth.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
Loft shipping rates are based on our postal service of choice, Australia Post. We utilise the Australia Post Parcel Post service. On occasion, your goods may be shipped via our courier service, for large items only.
Our shipping rates start at $9.20 for small packages, $12.20 for standard packages, $15.95 for medium packages, $19.70 for large packages and $25.50 for heavy goods. The beach carts are our largest parcel and have a flat rate shipping of $30.00. We also offer free shipping for all orders over $150. You can calculate shipping in your cart. For more information view our Shipping page.
We do not offer express shipping as standard, please contact us via email at email@example.com at the conclusion of our order, or reply to your order confirmation email to upgrade to Express Shipping. We can quote you on a specific cost to upgrade your order based on your address.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY ORDER?
Please be aware, Australia Post are currently experiencing shipping delays during this time. For more information view our Shipping page.
Orders placed will be processed the following business day. Once your order is dispatched, you will receive a tracking number to trace your delivery. Due to Australia Post delays, we cannot estimate how long it will take for your order to arrive - and would rather not estimate. During busy sale or launch periods, there may be slight shipping delays. We will notify you of any delays as we get notified ourselves, when upon dropping your item/s at Australia Post.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY ITEM?
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive shipping confirmation, plus a tracking number for your order. Visit the Australia Post website to track your order here: https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/
DO YOU OFFER RETURNS?
We hope you love your Loft purchase, however if you change your mind we offer 14 Day returns. You can find our full Returns Policy and instructions on our Terms & Conditions page.
HOW CAN I USE MY 10% SIGN UP PROMO CODE?
After adding all items to your cart, proceed to the checkout. You will then have the option to add your promo code to your order. Please be aware that only one promo code can be used per order. If you are having trouble applying your promo code, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN I CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE?
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, you can contact our customer service, we will respond as soon as possible, within business hours. Email us at email@example.com or call us on (03) 5987 0519.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Loft Lifestyle Store is located on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Australia. You can find our store in the suburb of Dromana, literally footsteps to the beach. We are a family business focused on sustainable, ethical and predominantly Australian labels for women, children and men.
CAN I AMEND OR CANCEL MY ORDER ONCE IT IS PLACED?
Once you've completed your order, if you have any changes, we can facilitate this at any time before you receive your fulfilment email. If your order is click and collect you are able to cancel at any time prior to collection, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DO YOU DELIVER OVERSEAS?
At this point in time, we do not deliver outside of Australia.
MY ORDER WAS CONFIRMED BUT I HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT AN ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK. WHY IS THIS?
On the rare occasions an item may be damaged or missing and we will only find out when we go to pack your order. Although this does not happen often, we will contact you to arrange a refund or replacement item in these instances.
CAN I GET MY PURCHASE GIFT WRAPPED?
Yes. We offer a complimentary gift wrapping service for purchases over $50. For purchases under $50 we charge $4.95 per purchase.
You can select to have your purchases wrapped individually or as a bundled item in once package. Simply contact us via return email in reply to your order confirmation, and advise that you would like your order gift wrapped.
I HAVE PLACED AN ORDER FOR SOMEONE AS A GIFT, WILL THEY RECEIVE PROOF OF PURCHASE?
Yes, unless advised, all online orders will include a proof of purchase, making refund, exchange and warranty of the item easy for the recipient. Please contact us at email@example.com should you wish to advise us not to include this in the delivery.
I SELECTED CLICK AND COLLECT AND DID NOT MEAN TODo not stress. It is easy to organise alternative postage options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (03) 5987 0519 and let us know!
Due to government restrictions with COVID-19, we may be put under rules or regulations to protect the safety and well being of our family and much-loved Loft community. As a result, we may be closed from time to time and we appreciate your understanding and patience during this testing time.
We will still be able to ship online orders out within our usual delivery times, however should there be any changes with this, we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to alert you to any delays with your order. The only foreseeable change would be if government restricts us from travel to the post office to deliver your parcels.
The following outlines our shipping policies at Loft:
SHIPPING ONLY WITHIN AUSTRALIA
- Deliveries are sent during normal business hours, the next business day between Monday and Friday
- Purchases made on weekends and public holidays will be processed on the next business day, usually Monday
- We will endeavour to process all orders within the aforementioned time frames, however there may be delays during busy sale periods or situations outside of our control, such as COVID-19
- The overall dispatch time will be between 2-7 working days from when the payment has been made
- Delivery times may vary and are outside of our control. We use Australia Post and Sendle, both of which provide tracking numbers which we will supply to you for traceability of your goods
- We will arrange for delivery of your goods to your specified delivery address. Should you require a change to the address, it may be actioned if contact is made within the hour. Email email@example.com
- If delivery is not successful, the customer will be responsible to collect the parcel from the relevant postal service and will be responsible for any extra delivery charges, should they arise
- Please note, we will be unable to cancel orders, change shipping methods or addresses, or change product during busy sale periods
DOMESTIC SHIPPING RATES
- Small parcel shipping $12.20 flat rate
- Medium parcel shipping $15.95 flat rate
- Large parcel shipping $19.70 flat rate
- Heavy parcel shipping $25.50 flat rate
We stand by our decision to charge shipping at the above rates. We will never overcharge you and will refund any difference upon taking your parcel to the post office. The refund will be processed via Shopify or Paypal dependent on how you paid for your order.
FREE CLICK + COLLECT AND LOCAL DELIVERY
- If you are a local to the Mornington Peninsula, you can arrange to collect your order, simply select 'Collect from Store - Dromana' at checkout under Shipping Methods, and you will be electing to pick up your purchase in-store with contract free collection.
- If you are a Dromana, Rosebud or Rye local, we will deliver for free. Please select 'Collect from Store - Dromana' at checkout under Shipping Methods, and email us a copy of your order confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your delivery address
- If you are outside of these suburbs, but still a Mornington Peninsula local, you may also contact us to enquire about free delivery. Email email@example.com to discuss and we will contact you regarding delivery